I wanted to check in and show off my latest Hue project.

Since I am a developer/musician, I really enjoy messing with sound on the computer. Growing up, I adored all the music visualization programs we had. Very cool stuff.

After recently using the Hue lights to code a custom alarm system, I had the idea to create my own music visualization program. This is my first time, so...

I learned quickly, decoding audio data is tough. Or maybe I am missing something.

I could not find an audio library for node that just worked. One had a binary dependency that wouldn't compile on my OSX. I ended up just using a node version of the WebAudio API, which is really cool. But still, I am an audio processing n00b.

Anyways, I got something working even though the timing is a little off.


Back to all posts